Home > PICTURESQUE AMERICA
A breathtaking re-creation of William Cullen Bryant's fully illustrated 19th century celebration of America...
Originally published in 1872 and 1874, this magnificently oversized two-volume set was intended to celebrate the unifying beauty and spirit of America in response to the division of the Civil War. Today, it offers a unique portrait of our country as it approached its Centennial. Here are images of Niagara Falls, the Grand Canyon, Yosemite, New York City and much more. The books contain over 1,100 pages and reproduce 49 steel-engraved plates and over 900 vintage wood engravings. Features include:
- Extraordinary re-creation of the vintage First Editions, celebrating the beauty of mid-19th century America.
- 49 spectacular folio plates with protective translucent overlays and over 900 wood engravings.
- Two impressive, oversized volumes each measuring 9 7/8" x 13" fully bound in genuine leather.
- In addition to the standard features of all Easton Press books this remarkable edition is limited to 400 hand-numbered copies, features two-color stamping and marbled endpapers.
- Replication of the original distinctive cover design.
- A raised "hubbed" spine deeply embossed with genuine 22kt gold.
- Acid-neutral paper that will not crumble with age.
Would you like to know more about Picturesque America? Watch the video below.
9 7/8" x 13"